Software Engineering Manager (.NET 6, C#, DDD, Azure, Trunk Based, Containers)
For a scale-up in Amsterdam I’m looking for a Software Engineering Manager. This company employs a total of 40 people, of which 15 work in the Tech department. And this is the department you will be responsible for.
Wat de functie precies inhoudt
This company has a SaaS platform to support their clients with their recruitment strategy. They mainly focus on attracting talent through various social media channels. Through their platform, the customer gains insight into important matters concerning the candidate/user through ”data analytic” tools. Several large customers such as KLM and Booking.com use their platform.
Wat verder nog interessant is
- International and young/vibrant company
- Working with mainly medior and senior developers
- Impressive software setup (as far as code quality all around)
- Complete rebuild (so lot of room for ideas)
- Modern software setup (.NET 6, Azure DevOps, 96% test coverage, Azure Container Apps, Cypress, Postman, Karate, Sonar Cloud, Snyk)
- Working from home is not an issue
Wat van jou wordt verwacht
They decided a few months ago to rebuild the entire application. They also made the switch to .NET. At the moment, the application consists of approximately 15,000 lines of code with a test coverage of 96%. You will therefore work where quality is taken seriously. It is the intention that by the end of this year all customers will have transferred from the old to the new application.
Good to know:
- Department split up in: Backend, Frontend, QA. (but this will probably change in the future)
- In addition, there is of course Product management
- There is a roadmap and they use Scrum (not religiously)
- This is mainly a people management role, with about 10%-20% digging into technology like A.I. (they are looking into that at the moment)
- Besides experience with leading a team(s). You need a good understanding of (for example) SOLID principles and past experience with web applications. Because you will have to be able to assist with hiring.
- Dutch is not mandatory, but a good command of English is.
Wat je terugkrijgt
- Annual salary from 90,000 to 105,000 per year (depending on your expertise/experience etc.)
- 32 to 40 hours a week
- Hybrid working: 2 days on site (at least Monday)
- Company laptop
- Sufficient opportunities to develop yourself
- Leading technically skillful engineers
- Working in an international environment with an informal working atmosphere and a lot of freedom
- A lot of social activities